As the tittle of the site goes, my name is Wamuyu. I live in the Nairobi city which has been my home since 1993. A mother of two teens (Girl & Boy). An entrepreneur and an adventure junkie. Been in formal employment until October 2016. Am currently traveling, blogging about life lessons and travel on both this blog and our travel blog Throttle Adventures. My husband and I are on the road for the next 3 years from 2nd July, 2018. Been a home host for the past 5 years and have met and made friends from all over the world.
I have an accumulated wealth of experience in administration, Human Resource and Oil & Gas industry petroleum sector. You can view all that here. Currently a traveler, blogger, YouTuber and online marketing.
I got to that point in life where one needs to re-evaluate their life or just do something different. I chose something different. Trained in motorcycle riding in October 2015. Been riding almost daily since then. Discovered the motorcycle travel and am hooked. My husband and I are on a 3 years world trip to all 7 continents and over 50 countries from 2nd July, 2018.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Since leaving formal employment, i have had a little more time in my hands and i do a bit of travel on my motorcycle. My recent trip is the current world tour we are on with my husband.
WHAT DO OTHERS SAY ABOUT ME?
I have had a couple of interviews. Below are the links.
- Expedition Portal had this to share.
- In support of Women Riders World Relay
- I got featured in the book “I can, I Will” which you can buy on the link or read more about it there.
- Landcruisig Adventure on Solo Women Motorcyclists.
- Adventure.com on tales from women on the road.
- Pulse Magazine Nigeria exclusive interview.
- BBC News also honored us with an interview.
- Travel Noire Magazine on our travel story.
- Face to Face Africa.
- African News by Reuters on our world tour. It is in French.
- KBC our National Broadcasting interview.
- Global Women who Ride on Global women who ride writing about a Biker Mom.
- Business daily on Biking Adventure take City Riders out of Town
- On TV this is how things went down.
- One award winning blogger wrote this.
- Second time i met Thomas Rajula and he still had more to say about me.
- My first interview with Thomas, oooh my i was so so scared. I had not done one before and was really afraid of telling about me. You can read it here.